|A 2001 summer day at Percy Priest Lake|
We've had a busy summer, so this will be our first Fun Jar trip to one of our favorite places: the Anderson Road beach area at Percy Priest lake. In my opinion, it's as close as you can get to the beach when you're 400 miles inland. There's sand, there's shade, there's water. And this Friday, there will be friends. So mark your calendar and join us!
Here are the details:
- Driving directions can be found here or by mapping directions to 4010 Anderson Road, Nashville
- Friday, July 6, we'll arrive between 9:30 and 10:30 and will stay until 2ish
- Pack a lunch - there are no concession stands (but there are restrooms!)
- Bring $4 cash for parking
- Bring a blanket and/or chair for sitting, along with any sand or water toys (shovels, pails, floats, etc.)
- Bring lots of sunscreen and reapply often. My daughters invariably come home with red faces after having the water reflect the sun back onto their cheeks all day long!